Dragon Heist Ep. 4 (aka "Shopera") Notes

Recent Activity Happy Jacks Actual Plays Dragon Heist Ep. 4 (aka "Shopera") Notes

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Quiddie 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Quiddie
    Quiddie
    Host

Hi guys! Just your friendly DM here adding in her two cents to last night’s episode!

#1. IMHO, one of the major flaws in DnD campaigns is the pressure to always grind players through encounters so they can level and find loot. I’ve seen it result in parties that have little-to-no connection with one another, and that can be a bit of a bummer. I wanted a breather episode for the squad so they could get to know each other – it just so happened to correspond with a personal bout of the plague, so all the better for me!

#2. Real talk – I have NO IDEA how closely my players are tracking their coin. Currency economy in DnD is a *whole thing*, but I refuse to let it get in the way of a shopping episode! Yay for NPC sugar daddies!

#3. I’m so happy the chat figured out the “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” joke right away, because it resulted in cool in-game motivations, and the party is now aware of those 3 ships MUCH sooner than expected!

#4. The Fall of Tiamat – So the opera our party attended last night is lifted straight from the Tyranny of Dragons (Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat) storyline that WotC released for 5e. Since that’s literally the first TTRPG I ever played, I COULDN’T RESIST referencing a few specifics from my campaign. <3

#5. Ivy is a purchased NPC! There are some others waiting in the wings for the party to encounter, too!

#6. I am OBSESSED with the Walking Statues of Waterdeep. I moved the location of the Lightsinger Theater to be built within one! You haven’t seen the last of them. Sorry not sorry!

Thanks for watching, and we’ll be back on 1/14 with the next episode! Happy Holidays!

– A

Please complete the required fields.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Quiddie.
    MasterVidar
    MasterVidar
    Patreon Supporter

#3. I’m so happy the chat figured out the “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” joke right away, because it resulted in cool in-game motivations, and the party is now aware of those 3 ships MUCH sooner than expected!

BooDaDay and I collaborated to figure that out. Happy it was helpful. 😉

MasterVidar
    MasterVidar
    Patreon Supporter

@Quiddie It occurs to me that they would be able to fit more Giants in the Opera if they just hired Midget Giants.

Linus
    Linus

@quiddie How is “Leaf” spelled in your notes? I ran into a dude named “Leif” in Montana, and was told it was pronounced “Leaf”. It’s pronounced “Layf” here. I have no idea if that’s common overseas or if it was just him trying to reinvent himself.

EricfromNJ
      EricfromNJ

I know I am not Quiddie but I have always pronounced Leif as “Leaf”.

Kairaku
      Kairaku

Pronounced “Leaf” in New Zealand too

Quiddie
      Quiddie
      Host

Linus, it’s spelled “Lif” so mayhaps I should pronounce it with a short “i” sound. I thought it sounded better as “leef”. I’ve known a few Leifs in my day. Two went as “layf” and one as “lee-if”. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Quiddie.

askewdragon

I also thought about “Tinker the tailor, dressed as a soldier lives as a sailor”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.