Picked Up Some Earthdawn Third Edition Books

Recent Activity RPG Discussion Picked Up Some Earthdawn Third Edition Books

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by the0gekko0state 4 hours, 19 minutes ago.

• Author
    the0gekko0state
    the0gekko0state

I got a lot of books on boxing day from a FLGS that was clearing out their Earthdawn books.

I got the following:

Player’s Guide

Gamemaster’s Guide

Player’s Companion

Gamemaster’s Companion

Cathay Player’s Guide

Cathay Gamemaster’s Guide

Shards Collection One & Two

Nations Of Barsaive Volume One Throal & Two Serpent River

I’m hoping it’s a good system.  But I got it more for the fluff.  Always been interested in the setting and I got the lot for $140 Canadian.  Has anyone any experience with the world or system?  Any tips?

Also the shop owner/ employee who I’m good friends with, gave me Shadowun 5th Edition core book, Eberron The Forge of War, and the 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting books as a free bonus!

Please complete the required fields.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by the0gekko0state.
    fray
    fray

That is awesome!

I love the Earthdawn world. The system is fun too. Though, I only played 1e so I ‘m not sure if anything has changed.

Kairaku
    Kairaku

I love the world too.

Thorn elves are such a brutal concept. Growing thorns that erupt from their skin so their internal pain blocks out any other pain.  That is all new levels of dark!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Kairaku.
    the0gekko0state
    the0gekko0state

Hmmm well I’m happy to hear that it is enjoyable.  Haven’t had time to read much at the moment 🙁  Will keep you all posted if I do.

asimplejen

The old Shadowrun and Earthdawn stuff are closely tied together, Earthdawn was originally the 4th World where Shadowrun is the 6th World. I’m actually incorporating some Earthdawn things in my 5E Shadowrun game – can’t wait to hear what you think!

Kairaku
    Kairaku

I never really brought into that concept of Earthdawn and Shadowrun being the same world. Why are there no Obsidimen in Shadowrun or Trolls in Earthdawn?

I didn’t think Earthdawn really needed the tie in either. Thematically they are quite different. Earthdawn was pulp horror, where Shadowrun is either action or procedural depending on the run.

Angelis1974

I will note that Earthdawn does have Trolls, and they are awesome crystal airship using sky pirate Vikings.

There will eventually be obsidimen in shadowrun, but it takes about 100 years for them to emerge, so it’ll be a while, but they are on their way.

The thing I love most in Earthdawn is the fact that all magic items have names, and you have to know things about them to improve them.

the0gekko0state
    the0gekko0state

So quick question!  I want to run a fantasy ish game.  And I was looking at Eberron before but now I’m wondering if Earthdawn might fit some of the same things.  Thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.